Beliefs & Aims
We are a local community of Jesus disciples, freely saved by God's grace and aiming to live in the power of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that:
- God created us for a relationship with Himself; we spoiled this relationship by our sins and so must face God's judgement;
- God entered human history as the man Jesus Christ to rescue us. He died on the cross in our place to pay the penalty for our sins;
- Jesus overcame death, rose again and is alive today. He will come again as King over all creation;
- Everyone who accepts by faith what Jesus has done becomes a Christian;
- The Church is not a building but a people who have trusted Jesus Christ as their Saviour and follow him as Lord;
- Our authority for believing all this is the Bible, God's Word, which his Holy Spirit makes meaningful to us today.
Our aims are:
- to make the good news of Jesus known wherever we have opportunity;
- to engage in worship and prayer with all our heart, soul, mind and strength;
- to be filled with the Spirit, showing his fruit in our lives and using the spiritual gifts he gives us;
- to be taught by God's word and to align our lives to it;
- to care and support one another in meaningful relationships;
- to be open to God transforming our lives;
- to serve our neighbourhood by meeting practical needs.